Man Catches Fire After Applying Sunscreen

A man from Massachusetts has recently suffered second degree burns from a grill after using Banana Boat Sport Performance spray-on sunscreen before barbecuing.

Brett Sigworth claims that he sprayed on the sunscreen right before walking over to the grill, not aware that it would still be flammable after it was on his skin. The flames began on his arm and quickly spread over his body. The fire was extinguished by his friends and girlfriend.

Sigworth suffered burns on his chest, ear, back, and around his neck. These were the only places he applied the sunscreen.

The warning label states that the product is flammable and not to use it near an open flame or heat, but it does not say anything about it once it’s applied to the skin.

It is believed that the sunscreen had not fully absorbed into Sigworth’s skin and that bits of aerosol still lingered in the air causing him to catch fire.

Sigworth has no plans to sue the company but wants to share his story to spread awareness to prevent this from happening to anyone else.

Partner With
The Cooper Firm

Similar Posts:

Share This

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.