Community

Lance Cooper shares abut his trip to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro with Orphan Aid Liberia

January 21, 2013

Lance Cooper shares abut his trip to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro with Orphan Aid Liberia In 2009, Sonja and I were praying that God would present us with the opportunity to support a new ministry. God answered our prayer when we were introduced to Orphan Aid Liberia. Daryl Roberts founded Orphan Aid Liberia in 2008 after visiting an orphanage…

Read More

Orphan Aid Liberia – Sherry Kerr

January 16, 2013

Orphan Aid Liberia – Sherry Kerr Hi. My name is Sherry Kerr and I am the office administrator for The Cooper Firm. In June 2012, my friend and co-worker, Linda Stricker-Campbell, traveled with Orphan Aid Liberia to the bush of Africa to work in an orphanage. Once we reached the orphanage, Linda and I were part of…

Read More

Rebuilding a Child – Orphan Aid Liberia

January 4, 2013

Rebuilding a Child – Orphan Aid Liberia My family and I began to sponsor a little boy from an orphanage in the village of Balama, Liberia Africa around Christmas time in 2009. Our sponsorship meant that he would have food, clothing, medicine and schooling. These are things we take for granted here in the United States. In…

Read More

Students injured in bus wreck in Newton County

November 12, 2012

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution is reporting that six students were injured this morning when their school bus wrecked in Newton County. Georgia State Patrol confirmed that a parent pulled her car out in front of the school bus and caused the collision with the bus and a second car. The driver of the car was ejected…

Read More

Georgia Court of Appeals Judge A. Harris Adams Set to Retire

September 20, 2012

Georgia Court of Appeals Judge A. Harris Adams announced his retirement at the end of this year.  I appeared before Judge Adams in both State Court of Cobb County and Georgia Court of Appeals.  Judge Adams demonstrated great integrity while on the bench for the state level and Court of Appeals.  I want to wish…

Read More

New firefighters to be hired in Cobb County

December 12, 2011

Cobb County Fire and Emergency Services are hiring new firefighters for the first time since 2009. The department currently has 637 firefighters, 45 less than full staffing. The new hiring will only allow the department to add 24 firefighters due to the county cutting funding for 33 positions in its 2010 budget. “We are expecting…

Read More

Senior Discount for Energy Bills

December 10, 2010

There are senior discounts available to customers of Georgia Power and AGL. Customers of Georgia Power Company and AGL who are 65 and older and have a total household income of $14,355 or less qualify to receive the senior citizen’s discount. Georgia Power Company customers can be eligible for a $14 monthly discount which is…

Read More

Partner With
The Cooper Firm